Creating a Micro:bit a LEGO motor connecter
I wanted to experiment with connecting some of my LEGO electronics to a Micro:bit. The problem was finding a simple way of getting the LEGO connector onto the Micro:bit without destroying any expensive LEGO cables.
The answer turned out to be very cheap extension cables from AliExpress.
They were only around £1.46, so I bought a few to experiment with. At that price, cutting one up didn’t feel too painful!
Cutting the cable
First, decide how long you want the cable to be and cut it to length.

Once cut, carefully expose the four wires inside the cable.

There are four individual wires. Twist the two wires on the right together, and then repeat this with the two wires on the left.
This leaves you with two connections rather than four.
Those two connections can then be attached to the Micro:bit, as shown below.
And that’s it. A £1-ish LEGO extension cable has become a very useful little interface for experimenting with LEGO electronics and a Micro:bit.
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. I've found that you can also stack them. So I have been able to run a motor and lights from the same connector with no issue.
If you like this blog check out all the others here



No comments:
Post a Comment