Thursday 21 February 2019

Gui Zero Lego animations


Lego stop frame animation using GuiZero and Pi Camera

(Now with added Twitter)


First of all this GuiZero app was made by Martin O'Hanlon last June you can read about it here. He has enabled you to take still images using a Pi camera and stitch them together to create an animated gif. Updated... 10/03/2019 now with added Twitter functionality. Explained at the bottom of the blog.

Here is what I did with it.......

1. I dug out my Pi Touch screen and bolted a Pi on the back. Then attached a Pi camera onto the pi.  

2. Cut out a hole in the box for the Pi touchscreen to locate the screen and taped it in place. I then cut a hole in the side of the box to push the key board and mouse and other cables through(See below). 



3. Then read Martin's instructions from his linked blog above about how to install the code and necessary libraries. 

4. Bodged together some Lego from my kids and set about testing it out. That is it. 

Here is my 2nd attempt......

Twitter update.....

After attempt 2 I decided to see if I could connect these gif animations to Twitter. Handily about 2 years ago I created a few Twitter bots following the RPI tutorial's. These days they are harder to get through the system. However here is the code that I used link  again I must stress the point that the original code was written by Martin O'Hanlon(the following blog explains his project  here).

Here is an example tweeted gif.....




enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment